YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Last updated: September 1, 2022
How We Collect Information About You
We may obtain your information through three channels: (1) information you provide directly to us; (2) information we collect automatically when you use the Sites; and (3) information we obtain from other sources.
Information You Provide to Us
In addition, we may collect information as required by applicable law.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Transactional Information: If you make a purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine it with information that you provide and that we collect through our Sites.
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. If you connect to our Sites through social media platforms, we ask for your permission to access certain information about your social media account, activities, and friends. The information we receive depends on what information you or the social media platform decides to give us. This information could include an access token necessary to access that social media platform, any information that you have permitted the social media platform to share with us, and any information that you have made public in connection with the social media platform. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on social media platforms before linking them to our Sites. You may also unlink your social media account from our Sites by adjusting your settings on the social media platform.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Sites;
- Provide and deliver the information you request or various features or functionalities, process donations and transactions and send you related information and administrative messages;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions, and requests, provide customer service, ask you to respond to a survey, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, and activities (please see “Promotional Communications” below for information about how to opt-out of certain communications at any time);
- Contact you if we need additional information, such as if we need additional information to comply with applicable laws;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Sites;
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take;
- Detect, prevent, and respond to fraudulent transactions, abuse, security issues, and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the Company, users of our Sites, and others, including by enforcing our Terms & Conditions;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected; and
- As permitted by application law and with your consent.
Our Information Sharing
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers or employees who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- Subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, in connection with the sale or exchange of your information and related data to a broker or other non-profit or for-profit entity
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is lawfully authorized or required to comply with requests by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties and when we believe that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, regulatory request or other legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of a new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if: (1) we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information; (2) you submit content or information on a public area of the site or information that is intended to be shared on the Sites; or (3) you intentionally interact with third-parties on our Sites.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from participating companies, please visit the industry opt-out pages operated by the DAA, at https://www.aboutads.info and by the NAI at https://networkadvertising.org.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies that may be used in connection with our Sites. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. If you choose to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer or browser. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Sites.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. To learn more about how “do not track” works, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails or text messages by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt-out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Sites or any transactions. Please note that opt-out requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process, and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to your prior privacy settings. If you opt out, it will not rescind any information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt-out.
Location of Usage of the Sites
Your Privacy Choices
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your information and to correct, delete or restrict the processing of your information. Please let us know what information you want to receive, correct, or remove from our databases or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your information. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your requests consistent with applicable law, and we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, but such residual information will no longer be tied to your identity.
You can object to the processing of your information in some circumstances (in particular, where we do not have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement) but not in every circumstance. Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to us processing your information, this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at that time.
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information that we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.